On 6/2/20 4:48 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 9:37 PM Adam Williamson
> <adamw...@fedoraproject.org <mailto:adamw...@fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     On June 1, 2020 7:13:51 p.m. PDT, Richard Shaw
>     <hobbes1...@gmail.com <mailto:hobbes1...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >I've noticed lately when doing mock builds that it takes a lot longer
>     >install all the dependencies. Especially large -devel packages with
>     >tons of
>     >small files (boost-devel, vtk-devel, cmake-data).

Things I'm aware of that have changed is a switch to mock 2 (quite
recently with an update)
and rpm-compression since F31.
The switch of mock might have affected which kind of build-container it
defaults to.
The switch to cgroup-v2 might have affected how the systemd-containers
are working.
Maybe you can try to force it to chroot to have the container as thin as
possible.

Klaus