Hi,

This recent commit [1] in rawhide moves the engine API to a
openssl-devel-engine subpackage following [2] (BTW this change announced
that it would be openssl-engine-devel instead, but that's not the point).
I'm surprised that FESCo approved this change without any analysis of the
impact and the packages that required adaptation and how. Also, change
owners are now allowed to commit and just let things break?

One major concern is that I see this in a package that does **not** use the
engine API:

/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_types.hpp:26:11: fatal error:
openssl/engine.h: No such file or directory
   26 | # include <openssl/engine.h>
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

What are we supposed to do here? Aren't we allowed to add new packages to
Fedora that require Boost ASIO because we would need to add a deprecated
package to BR, even if the package itself doesn't use that API?

[1]
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/openssl/c/e67e9d9c40cd2cb9547e539c658e2b63f2736762?branch=rawhide
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/OpensslDeprecateEngine

Best,