On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 05:53:25PM +0100, Aoife Moloney wrote:
> In order to enable DRM_PANIC, you need to disable VT_CONSOLE in the
> kernel

The idea for DRM_PANIC is nice, but I worry about the impact of disabling
VT_CONSOLE. Plymouth is not used everywhere, e.g. what about cloud images
and such? Also, when debugging boot troubles, removing 'rhbg' and 'quiet'
are the often first steps.

I cannot actually recall the last time when I had a kernel crash
on any of my machines… It seems like we might be sacrificing debugability
for a feature which would be used very rarely.

Zbyszek