jonathan wrote:
 > On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 14:21:23 -0500
 > Paul Fox <p...@laptop.org> wrote:
 >
 > >  > FWIW, my C1 will not boot with this version.  Silly me, I didn't note
 > > what
 > >  > release it had initially...q4c06 also fails (everything just stops after
 > >  > it tries to jump to the kernel), but q4c01 works.  I can bisect it to
 > > the
 > >  > specific release that broke if that would be useful.
 > >
 > > yes, it certainly would.  this is the only report of this i/we have
 > > heard.
 >
 > q4c04 works, q4c05 does not.

well, nothing from the release notes jumps out at me.
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q4c05)

you're failing so early, i'm not sure what to suggest.  i guess
send the serial console output of a boot failure.  it's possible
that the ofw diagnostics would show something:  "menu" at the okay
prompt.

paul