Hi Aurindam

Thank you for your kind advice. I was hoping that it was something simple, or that I was having an attack of the sillies.

I had not noticed the Sailfish SDK Control Center until you pointed me to it.

I have now installed the qt5-qtmultimedia-devel package, and restarted everything.

On the positive side I now have a new directory
//SailfishOS/mersdk/targets/SailfishOS-1486-x86/usr/include/qt5/QtMultimedia/
which contains QCamera and qcamera.h

On the negative side I still get the error "QCamera: No such file or directory" as before. However it is too late tonight for me to think about why - maybe tomorrow morning something blindingly obvious will occur to me .....

It is also interesting that there is a mixture of Qt versions. The base SDK seems to be 4.8.3, but some of the packages listed in the Sailfish SDK Control Center are Qt5.

Thanks for your help

Chris
from a still snowy Switzerland.

Zitat von "Aurindam Jana" <m...@aurindamjana.in>:

Hi,

This is because the qt-mobility-devel package is not installed in the target that is shipped with the SDK.
However, you can install it via the SDK Control Center.

Start the MerSDK VM. In Qt Creator, go to SailfishOS Mode (the sailfish icon on the left panel between Projects and Analyze). This is the SDK Control Center. You should see a page where you can configure targets.

Instead if you see the message, "The SDK VM is not responding...", then from the Menu go to Tools->External->SailfishOS->Launch the MerSDK. Once the MerSDK VM is running, click on the sailfish icon next to "about:blank", you should now see a page where you can configure targets.

Click on "Manage" next to SailfishOS-i486-x86 and you will see a list of packages for the target. Scroll down to qt-mobility-devel and hit install.

Regards,

Aurindam

IRC: auri__ @ freenode
www.aurindamjana.in