Egbert Eich wrote:
Mark Vojkovich writes:
> Out of curiosity. Is the ipv6 supposed to be working properly now?
> Last time I updated, I noticed that remote operation was broken.
> That is, Xlib was unable to connect to a remote system (I assume
> it didn't work with internet sockets anymore, but unix domain sockets
> still worked).
> Hm, what did you do? I never had any issues connecting to a remote
system. Neither thru ipv4 nor ipv6. The only thing I noticed was that there are still issues with authetication for ipv6.

If you are using a display manager other than xdm to start your Xserver and initialize your xauth cookies, it will need to be updated to initialize xauth cookies for the IPv6 addresses as well.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         Sun Microsystems, Inc.     -     Sun Software Group