You list looks great, Adam.

Here is my proposal (RFC):

E-Smith-Anvil: (A fictitious future project)

The root project from which all e-smith "distributions" or "cd-roms"
derive.  E-Smith-Anvil is all-inclusive of features, it has all the current
e-smith features plus as many user contributions and additions as the
project can pack in:  many server features including NFS server (Network
attached storage) & SMB server, an advanced apache configuration (with
hundreds of PHP,perl,SSL,etc. modules loaded), advanced e-mail server,
advanced mail server, etc., etc., etc.  (Adam: yours & my list goes here)

Then, e-smith tags only certain parts of the above features (RPMS,
templates, servers, UI extensions, etc parts of the package) for inclusion
in the "Official E-smith server and gateway CD-ROM".  Of which there could
be several:  a minimal, a maximal (everything included), and a specialized
(e.g. NAS only).

Thus, the users could also pick out their own feature set (such as what one
would need for NAS) and make a distribution out of that.

What do you guys think?  Technically possible?  Politically possible?  It
allows for a minimum of features (for specialized uses), or a general
collection of features (typical e-smith server and gateway), or a great
collection of features (for all kinds of apache servers and etc.).  S, M,
L, XL, XXL, etc.  :-)

I hope we can get some discussion going anyway.

-Dan