When fetchmail is pulling the email down it appears to be trying to
verify every recipient email address, local or otherwise.  If the person
that sent the email includes invalid addresses (even if they aren't
local) fetchmail stops and sends an admin notice that the domain is
invalid (or something to that effect).  Is that expected behavior for
fetchmail?  Is it just trying to figure out if this address is one it is
supposed to handle?  Is there any way to tell fetchmail to quit trying
to verify every domain in the recipient lists?

I'm using the 4.0 release with no updates.

The other day I found a web email package.  Since the subject has been
brought up a few times I thought I'd throw this one out for everyone's
perusal.  It is at www.atdot.org.  Seems to be pretty simple email (no
folders) but it is under the GPL.

I have also seen a series of articles in Software Development magazine
where they are building a Java based email client.  I don't know what
their licensing is since I haven't ever looked closely at the client but
I thought it could be useful.  If anyone is interested I could send the
link to the source.  The articles are at the office so I can't send it
right now.

Steve