At 12:42 PM 3/1/2001 -0500, Smith, Jeffery S \(Scott\) wrote:
>Perhaps not in direct response to Luuk's query, but the following might make
>interesting reading.
>
>http://computerworld.com/cwi/story/0%2C1199%2CNAV47_STO58154_NLTpm%2C00.html

I have some experience with openmail, and it's really good.  It's free (as
in beer) for under fifty seats on Linux (and unsupported -- you don't get
all patches).

It takes a lot of time to learn and setup, but it does have Outlook (MAPI)
support (which means shared calanders, emails, public folders,
etc.).  http://www.hp.com/go/openmail.  It's a bummer they aren't going to
be building a new 8.0 version, but they will support the existing version
(paid support) for 5 years.

Slashdot had a story on it
today.  http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/03/01/1338247&mode=thread

It really would be nice if HP would open source it.  (Who knows, with Bruce
Perens working there, maybe Bruce can work something out).

-Dan