Dan wrote,

> Brandon,
>
> For more robust *commercial* products, I'd also suggest you look at
> BRU from Enhanced Software Technologies. I've used it before and been
> quite happy with it:
>
>   http://www.bru.com/products.php
>
> Regards,
> Dan

I have had a look at it - also liked it. I am currently looking at a product
called tapeware (www.tapeware.com). For those familar with BackupExec for
Netware , you will like this product. Full console GUI, ease of use &
everythingyou need from a backup program - Just having a little trouble with
scheduled backups but will keep you posted.

There are a lot of really good products out there. Also I think that a lot
of people that start using e-smith (and linux!) will be migrating from MS or
Novell etc. These people (me included) like to use GUI's and feel a bit more
comfortable with them. I don;t want to say there is anything wrong with
command line but for the 'non-keyboard cowboys' , GUI's will be a big
attraction.

Personally I would prefer to have one console (ie e-smith Web-console) to
control everything on the server.

Regards
BF