On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 03:31:15PM -0500, Dean Staff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> And \ is an invalid character for our system. So what ever is between
> them gets dropped. We are actually looking for "/BC=[" (no quotes) as
> the string to signify that there is a billing code that follows. So
> if it sees "/BC=\[" it gets ignored.

OK - I'll look again soon.

> Just out of curiosity, do you know why obtuse smtp does this?
> Sendmail and qmail in 4.0.1 has no trouble with this.

It does it to proect sendmail from the various content based attacks
which have happened over the years due to bugs in sendmail. They aren't
needed for qmail, and we're looking into make it less invasive.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)