On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 10:08:38AM +1100, Karl Ponsonby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> I am interested to know whether IP-forwarding can be turned on in
> 'server only-internet' mode as opposed to 'gatewy' mode.

"Unask the question"

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how exactly do you forward IP
packets with one Ethernet interface?

> Also can a e-smith box be a pptpd server and a pptp client at the
> same time.

AFAIK yes, but untested. We don't ship PPTP client at this stage. PPTP
masq and PPTP server are said to be incompatible.

> IP masq is handled by a LRP box doing port forwarding to
> intern pptpd server. this works fine at the moment.

Hmm, be careful with filters to ensure you don't accidentally trust
external boxes through NAT on the LRP box.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)