Just a quick list of things I have noticed recently in experimenting with
e-smith 4.1beta2 (standard server only install):

After adding a network printer, the LPD daemon and SMB daemon were not
restarted. Printer was not viewable on the network until manual restart.

During a fresh install for server only mode, the default gateway address offered
is 192.168.65.1, while the default server IP is 192.168.1.1
Now, I know I am doing a server only install, but even if I was not, shouldn't
the example default gateway be on the same subnet?
(Or I am missing something obvious :)

On the review configuration page in the browser, the start and ending DHCP
ranges are not listed (they are blank)

When creating a user account, the web page makes no mention of what the default
password is. It does mention that the account will show in red until the
password is changed, but does not mention what it is. The documentation states
(at least the 4.1 beta docs) that the accounts are locked until they are reset.
Maybe re-affirm this on the web page (otherwise one might assume that a default
password is created). Maybe give option to set password when creating account,
or if not remind admin to tell user to log on and change password him/herself.

I might be missing something simple again, but I cannot reach the main website
of the server. (I used the deafult mycompany.com)
I can reach http://www.e-smith.mycompany.com, but not www.mycompany.com. I can
ping, get the admin panel. But not see the website I created using the default
tools. Something simple, or did I miss something in the forums?

Anyway, just some ramblings.

Robert Boerner