On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 12:31:46AM -0500, Ralph Dorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I will be using IPSec once I either upgrade the SBS server in Houston or
> convert it to e-smith (The preferred option). Is there any problem in using
> 2 e-smith servers for this?

Other than not having any current support for ipsec, I presume? :-)

We certainly intend for this to work well once the support is available.

> Are there any issues or configuration changes I
> would have to make in this scenario? Or would I just configure the servers
> the same way?
> [...]

Three issues come to mind:
    - Choose a different local network address for each site so you can communicate
        between the two LANs

    NOTE: This is always something to think about when installing multiple sites -
choose
    different local network addresses in case you ever want to link them together.

    - Choose a different Samba server name for each site to eventually allow multiple
        subnet browsing

    - Choose a diffferent server name for each site for your own sanity

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)