I re-run some tests concering PPPoE and swapped NICs,
with fresh installed RC2. Works great now, execept a
minor issue:

1) configured as "Server&Gateway" with PPPoE and
two different NICs installed (RTL8139 and Tulip)
Result: default route was set probably now. All works fine

2) swapped RTL8139 and Tulip NICs by name:
No problems detected.

3) replaced the Tulip by a RTL8139, having now 2 RTL8139 in
the system. I left the swap mode in state "normal".
No problems.

4) now local NIC and external NIC were swapped
No problems

5) replaced the RTL8139 by the Tulip, having now the
initial hardware config.
Result: eth0 device is not configured, eth1 and pppoe works.
I found the "EthernetAssign" variable still set to value "swapped"
After setting it manually to "normal" and running a console
config (leaving all settings untouched) the eth0 works.

6) changed from PPPoE to "Server only" mode
PPPoE service is now disabled.

Michael Weinberger