On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Michael Doerner wrote:

> We are competing quite often in areas where other companies have already
> quoted on a WindowsNT/2000 server RAID (hardware) based system which means
> the client is aware of the benefits of RAID and willing to pay for these.
>
> Our preferred hardware supplier now prefers Adaptec's models 3200S and 2100S
> as their standard RAID controllers. Adaptec offers drivers for these
> controllers for RH 7.0 but as far as I can see on Redhat's (7.0) hardware
> compatibility list, these drivers are not included/supported by a standard
> Redhat 7.0 system/kernel.
> One idea:
> It should be possible for me to have a RH 7.0 standard installation on
> another box which is used only for kernel compiles? If I only add the
> drivers for these controllers to that kernel source and recompile, what
> would I have to do to recreate an E-smith 4.1 iso that includes the self
> compiled kernel? I would need help with that.
>
> On the other side, if we then sell such a self-build E-smith 4.1 to the
> client in combination with your support subscription, you might not want to
> accept this?
>
> Any idea how we can solve that (upcoming) problem?

Michael, if you haven't done so already, you should talk to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] about becoming a registered partner. There are many
benefits to being a registered partner, including getting priority
technical support and training. We'll talk some more about your problem
after you sign up, OK? :-)

  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada