> I'm trying (& failing) to get a client's laptop (NT4/SP6 Workstation) to
> login to my E-Smith 4.1 domain. The workstation is picking up an IP
> address via DHCP successfully, & I can see login attempts in
> /var/log/samba/log.nmb. The workstation is emitting the following error
> message:
> "The system cannot log you on now because the domain UNITED is not
> available."
>
> Any ideas? Any other logs I should be looking at?
For every NT workstation which should be able to logon you have to run:

/sbin/e-smith/db accounts set foo machine Comment "Machine account for foo"
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/machine-account-create machine-create foo

"foo" stands for the NetBios name with which the machine logs on!
(Thanks to Charly Brady!)
After the second command there appears an error but it works!
And don't check the "create an account on the Domain Server with the user/password
combination" in the network setup of your NT Client.

Michael Jung