I have been reading snippets of info on the ability to use RSYNC so that I
don't have to re-download another 300MB.  I have checked out the
rsync.samba.org site and think I know the correct syntax I should use, but I
would like some opinions before I actually run this. (20c per MB means a
mistake could cost me $60AUD.)

So I have a local directory /tmp/e-smith in which I have placed the file
e-smith-4.1b2.iso (this is really beta1 renamed).

The command I am thinking of using is:
"rsync -az
ftp.e-smith.org::/pub/e-smith/dev/e-smith-4.1beta2/iso/e-smith-4.1b2.iso
/tmp/e-smith/e-smith-4.1b2.iso"

Will this work?

Also any opinions on how large the download would be?

Cheers
Peter