Trevor Ouellette wrote:

> I just need to do a quick test... command line is fine.  Any ideas what
> program I can use to test throughput, supported number of request per second
> for the http server, etc.?
Netbench is the normal test for CIFS/SMB (aka Samba) performance.
Webbench is the
normal test for HTTP performance. I haven't run either, since benchmarks
are IMHO
PHB land. Also, I understand that getting netbench results depends on
having
a whole stack of Windows [95,NT, 98, 2000] clients doing heavy network
I/O.
If any crash, then the results aren't valid. So this is a hard test to
get to
work.
Samba has smbtorture. You might try passing that off as == netbench. And
much
easier than getting 20 win clients to co-operate.

Brad