I've tried to stay out of this thread, but I have to make a couple of
observations.

First, the public announcement of the condition of the relationship between
e-smith and Darrell was NOT made by e-smith. Darrell could have elected to
continue his participation in the forums, to continue providing how-tos and
contribs, etc., without ever mentioning (much less announcing) the status of
his business relationship with e-smith. As with the tone of many of his
posts, this latest outburst further illustrates that behind his bit of
talent lies a somewhat unprofessional and <asbestos> immature </asbestos>
person.

Second, partners have appropriate channels for airing differences with
e-smith. This forum, for an active partner, is not one of those channels.

Third, e-smith is not owned by the community. Open source development does
not equate to open management. The folks in charge of the company have a
multitude of decisions to make every day. It is ultimately up to them to
decide what the e-smith product looks like, and where the e-smith company
goes. We, the consumers and partners, don't have to abide every decision
e-smith makes. We are always free to go elsewhere. From this perspective, if
e-smith chooses to terminate a business agreement, who are we to ask why?

Lastly, I've seen what the (e-smith) future holds. Everybody smile!

Scott