At 10:41 AM 5/7/01 +0200, Brandon Friedman wrote:
>Just some comments about Darrell's howto
>All went pretty smoothly with the install.
>Read the howto here: http://netsourced.com/e-smith/howto/howto-rav.html
>
>Some comments:
> >Update the RAV config file:
>
> >RAV is configured by editing one file: =
>/usr/local/rav8/formail/ravmd.config
>
>and
>
> >So that RAV starts after e-smith shutdown or reboot, append to =
>/etc/rc.d/rc.local:
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/ravmail start

I did it a little differently. I used chkconfig to turn rav8 on but of
course, that does not touch run level 7, the e-smith specific run level.
So, I created a symlink called S75ravmail to start rav in rc7.d. So far, so
good. It seems to have caught every virus I have thrown at it. Most of the
viruses I sent to a test account on that machine were in zip files so I
suspect that is why rav cannot clean them. It is comforting to know that
rav will inspect the contents of zip archives too.

Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation
3266 Yonge Street, Suite 1419