Well that adds the 'RequireSSL on' fragment to httpd.conf in the place I
expected, so httpd.conf now looks like it did when I edited it manually. But
RequireSSL still does not seem to work. I'll await your investigation. Maybe
Brandon can pinpoint where it appears in his httpd.conf file. On my system
it shows up near the end of httpd.conf, just after the 'calendar ibay
directories (WebCalendar)' stuff.

Mark.