> > Question 1 -
> > I am unable to change the permissions to user "nobody"
> without breaking some
> > of the functionality. I have elected to go with user "www"
> for all these
> > potential security risks and the "shared" group. Any comments?
>
> You don't say what permissions you want to change, so it's a
> bit hard to
> provide exact comment.

Good point - I am changing the permissions on all the configuration and
*.php/*.cgi files with each html directory in my ibays.

> However, user "www" is probably the
> worst choice
> you could make,

Nevermind, they started all at root/root - make that "second worst".

> This is, of course, a fundamental problem of data
> partitioning between web applications - it's rather difficult to do,
> especially if you want complete safety.

I was working with the "nobody" account but it broke some of the features.
This may prove to be more difficult than originally planned.

> Surely you can find something better than Bud, even in Winnipeg :-)

I ran out of Tooheys Old Black Ale last weekend while setting up the round
robin DNS ;)

Justin.

Now if we could only get Microsoft to add "Ibay" into the default spell
check.