Greg Zartman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>  I believe there is an error in the Samba 2.2.2 add user script
>  fragment.  I was unable to join machines to a SME 5.0 domain on
>  two separate servers here in my office.  Additionally, a user
>  from the e-smith experienced users discussion group ran into a
>  similar issue (see the PDC discussion line).

Hi Greg.  I did take a moment to read the thread.  Wow, I have not seen a
thirty+ thread in a while :)

I can not confirm there is a problem.

To make DOUBLY sure, I just built up two brand new computers and without
error, connected to my domain, using the current rpms from my Howto.  One
computer was W2K-SP1, the other was W2K-SP2 just to make sure it was not
a service pack related issue.

In addition I think there has been more devinfo members testing and
reporting success with these samba rpms then any other devinfo project to
date.

I do not want to take away the fact that obviously some users are having
problems.  I simply want to point out that most have found and reported
everything works.  I again, re-comfirmed that this works for me.

I think at this time, as we await Mitel to issue their samba blade we
should hold firm.  IIRC, Mitel was looking into rewriting the
machine-create script anyhow.  Once we see what they release to devinfo
for testing (right?) we can then revisit this issue if problems are
encountered.

Whilst I've mentioned it, can someone from Mitel comment on your samba
blade status?

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com