Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried to get SAMBA+LDAP working?
<a
href="http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html";>
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-2_2-howto.html
</a><br>

So that the SAMBA+E-SMITH/SME+LDAP work with W2k Active
Directory,
and all user/group accounts be maintain in only one
server(E-smith/SME),
but still recognize on W2k/Others servers.

Samba 2.2.2 needs to be compile with --with-ldapsam
so these can work. I have compile samba on redhat 7.0
with the 2.2.19-7.0.8 kernel, and some redhat 7.1 rpm
updates. This installs correctly on SME5, but have not
got SMB+LDAP working(maybe because I dont know much about
LDAP, but I'm learning).

Does anyone think this will not work, its to hard, or is
just a bad idea? Or is there a better solution out there?

If anyone was other links, can you please send them to me.
This will be very usefull in a place where you MUST use a
W2K server(schools).

Thanks in advance,
Placido

=====