Justin,

I also use Tripwire on a write protected floppy.

FYI, I use the older 1.2 version instead of the newer 2.x
versions since the 2.x versions have additional overhead and
create larger tripwire databases.  The main differences in the
2.x versions are that the database is cryptographically signed
and there are new ciphers and options available.  None of these
features were worth it for me.

On my floppy, I keep not only my compressed database, but a
secure copy of the tripwire program, my tw.config file and the
script that checks the system.

Whenever I make major changes to the system, I update the
database, compress it and put it back on my floppy.  If you are
interested in my script, just drop me an e-mail and I'll ship it
off to ya.

Sincerely,
Keith

--- Tom Carroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would recommend leaving the templates directories in the
> tripwire
> configuration.  By removing them from your checks, someone
> could possibly
> change one of the templates and wait for you to update
> something else that
> may update the configuration file that belongs to the hacked
> template.
>
> I use Tripwire on my ESSG 4.12.  I don't update my templates
> very often
> (hobby system) but if I do, I normally run a script that
> updates my tripwire
> config files.
>
> As another security measure I keep all my tripwire config and
> data files on
> a write protected floppy.
>
> Tom

=====
LPIC-1
N+
MCSE

The difference between Linux and Microsoft is the difference
between trust and anti-trust.

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com