On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 06:04:20PM -0000, Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Also, would it not be advisable to move /etc/cron.weekly/refresh-ddns
> into either /etc/cron.daily or /etc/cron.d to have this refresh occur
> more frequently?

I don't think that's nesseccary.  The reason for the weekly cron is
because some dynamic DNS service providers require and occasional
update.  As Mike reported, "Dyndns requires that you "update" your
info every 30 to 35 days or they will cancel your account".

> I'm not sure if there are any implications in doing this but it seems to
> me that as some ddns services update more frequently this should be moved
> to be a daily check or maybe even an hourly check.
>
> What do you think?

The update occurs anytime the IP addy changes, and once a week at
04:22 on Sunday.  I think that's sufficient.

My two loonies,

Paul
--
Paul Nesbit                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mitel Networks Corporation         http://www.mitel.com