> I feel the 'machine-account-delete' script is needed but should be a
> manual double_check_everything_before_executing script.
>
> Do you agree?
Yes I do Darrel.  I came to this conclusion after thinking about it a bit.
It does make it kind of easy to wipeout a machine account without warning.
Not that it couldn't be done using the manual method outlined in your Samba
Howto, but at least the person has to make a conscious effort to do it.

I did determine that it isn't required that the entire machine account be
removed in order for a machine to rejoin a domain, you simply need to reset
the smbpasswd entry (i.e., delete the entry.).

Maybe it's best to leave this manual and simply document it.

Greg