On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Steve Bush wrote:

> Think laptop computer, then reassess your opinion.

No need to reassess my opinion. It stays the same:

  I'd rather put mission critical data on the server, and have no mission
  critical data on the client machines.

But I also said:

  But I understand that your needs might be different.

In this case, there seem to be needs which aren't met by a server share.

I never meant to discourage Greg (and he doesn't seem to have taken it
that way) - I was just suggesting an alternative that should work equally
well in most cases. "Most cases" doesn't include laptops and apps which
won't happily run from the server :-)

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739