> I never meant to discourage Greg (and he doesn't seem to have taken it
> that way) - I was just suggesting an alternative that should work equally
> well in most cases. "Most cases" doesn't include laptops and apps which
> won't happily run from the server :-)
You certainly didn't discourage me Charlie.  I appreciate any and all
feedback.  I'm sure there is more I could do from a policing standpoint to
discourage storing data locally.  I only recently convinced some of the "old
guys" to stop storing things on floppy disks and start storing data on the
hard drive.  :o)

In any event, as I pointed out initially, this is something that I need in
my shop to provide a sort of failsafe to backup data that doesn't find it's
way to the server.  I'd proceed even if everyone here said it was a bad
idea.  I posted to see if anyone else might find it useful.   If so, I'm
willing to put in extra time to document it and build it into an RPM.

Regards,

Greg Zartman