I think you are right.  The reason I've used this directive is so that I don't have to
sync the passwords.
The password is changed on the "Master" SMB server.  The secondary SMB verifys the
password using the master.

But yes.. the passwd and group files need to be synced so that permissions can be
enforced.

So, when can we get that LDAP server integrated with SAMBA online?

Edward

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 11/08/2001 04:15:00 PM