> > Why not put them under the user's home directory or
> > mail them back as attachments?   You would only
> > have to use a shared location if you allow guest
> > connections.
>
> When you print using samba, the only parameters available are the printer
> name and the spool file name.
> There is no concept of user.
>
> Or is there something else I should know which I don't ?

I was under the impression that you could use any of the
20 or so variable substitutions described in smb.conf(5)
in the:
print command =
line, including %U to get the user name where the program
can see it.   Also, programs run under the uid of the connected
user unless you allow guest or public connections.

    Les Mikesell
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]