I recently bought two avaya wireless cards and an
isa pc-card adaptor
(a reference was found on the label of Orinoco) and
finally got this
adaptor recognized by SME v5.

I followed the following advise from AVAYA :

     On a RedHat 5.x thru 7.x, system, put this in
the file
"/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia":
             PCMCIA=yes
             PCIC=i82365
             PCIC_OPTS="extra_sockets=1"
             CORE_OPTS=
             CARDMGR_OPTS=

# For PCI adaptor's following advise was given :
(NOT TESTED !!!)
#
#    On a RedHat 5.x thru 7.x system, put this in
the file "/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia":
#             PCMCIA=yes
#             PCIC=i82365
#             PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=0"
#             CORE_OPTS=
#             CARDMGR_OPTS=

When I restarted the pcmcia service, I got the two
beeps and messages in
the
message log Gordon was speaking of in the following
mail : http://www.mail-archive.com/devinfo@lists.e-
smith.org/msg05196.html

So far I am with my setup. The rest will hopefully
follow.

The purpose is to bind this wireless card to eth2
with IP 192.168.100.2
(eth1 IP 192.168.100.1 wired internal network / eth0
Adsl) on my gateway.

Little question ...

For the wireless network, is 192.168.100.2 now the
gateway for my portable
or
could I  keep 192.168.100.1 (normal network) and
will eth2(192.168.100.2)
pass
the request forward to eth1(192.168.100.1) ?

The Michael Maxwell's Contributed HowTo (painfully
disappeared
before I made a copy or notes of it) is a great
welcome.

Regards,
Christophe

-= Mailing from Belgium (Europe)=-