On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 12:51:30AM -0000, Darrell May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> IIRC, during my research I found references stating:
>
> NT/2K should not use the home directory for profiles and NT/2K should not
> use a hidden .directory.

Are you able to dig these up? This configuration seems to work correctly.

I have seen various versions of the Samba docs, where the details in
"logon home" and "logon path" have changed many times over the releases.

> [...]
> IIRC, I reported these to devinfo and then changed my template fragments
> accordingly.

Sure thing. Others on the list strongly urged one profiles subdirectory,
shared between all Windows versions.

We will not ship with a world-writable profiles directory, and I would
rather avoid creating a directory per-user under the profiles share.

> [...Dangling Z:...]
> I feel this should be cause for concern.  This references a failure to
> set one or more of the environment and registries entries involved in the
> internal NT/2K Home Directory parameters.

Sure. This only seems to happen on Win2K. It does not happen for me on
NT. It may be a Win2K service pack thing.

Gordon
--
  Gordon Rowell                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  VP Engineering