A few comments:

1.  The following will prevent numerous windows programs from functioning
properly:
domain admin group = admin

Until Samba implements a wider range of user groups beyond two (domain users
and domain admins) or MS developers start writing software differently,
users need to have at least power user preveldge to run many apps.   The
above parameter places all users in the domain users group which doesn't
provided the needed access rights to run serveral major windows apps
correctly.  To see a little sample of what happens, fire up a Win client and
try to use AutoCAD.

The correct setting for this parameter, in the short term, should include
all users.

2.  Something must be different between samba on SME 5.1 and the current
e-smith-samba RPM as I can't get roaming profiles to work for the life of me
on SME 5.0 with e-smith-samba-1.1.0-29.  On every client, I get an error
message that the profile can't be written back to the server with the reason
"The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a
poration of the file."

Greg