Ok folks.  This is now completed as far as I can take it.  Latest
developer rpms available here:

http://myEZserver.com/downloads/mitel
 dmc-mitel-samba-2.2.1a-6.noarch.rpm
 dmc-mitel-samba-2.2.1a-6.src.rpm

Copy of the latest Howto here:

http://myezserver.com/docs/mitel/samba-upgrade-howto.html

It is now up to Mitel to meld our changes into a samba update blade.  I
believe Gordon's e-smith-samba-1.1.0-03.noarch.rpm was the first step to
move smb.conf fragments out of e-smith-base into a separate rpm to
facilitate this.

Currently dmc-mitel-samba-2.2.1a-6.noarch.rpm populates templates-custom
with the complete samba fragments from e-smith-samba-1.1.0-03.src.rpm +
the additional fragments we've built.  This rpm works fine for 4.1.2/SME5
and is usable today.  When a blade comes out simply remove this rpm and
install the blade.  Because templates-custom is used this should not pose
any problems.

Finally, each fragment includes a remarked entry displaying the fragment
name in the smb.conf file.  I really like this idea.  Makes it
immediately simple to determine in a large templated file which fragment
the parameter belongs to.  What do you think of this idea?

Darrell May
DMC NETSOURCED.COM
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com