On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 07:55:41PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am running the latest version of the server (v5) but cant seem to access
> the shell like I could in v4 by telnet. Telnet IS enabled and I can login as
> admin but not root!

Because telnet is *incredibly* insecure (since it transmits passwords
in the clear), we STRONGLY discourage people from using it and have
been stating that for quite some time.

In the User Manual, we state this underneath:

  http://www.e-smith.org/docs/manual/5.0/admin-remoteaccess.html#telnet

We strongly encourage everyone to use ssh, as it is functionally
equivalent to telnet, and is actually secure.  Windows ssh clients
are available:

  http://www.e-smith.org/docs/manual/5.0/admin-remoteaccess.html#ssh

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training, Network Server Solutions Group
Mitel Networks Corporation                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]