I was following this General discussion thread:

http://www.e-smith.org/bboard//read.php?f=1&i=8744&t=8744

which talks about parameters you can add at boot/install time.  There is
a parameter that will prompt the installer to ask for a driver disk at
install time.  Where you are initially prompted to enter 'accept', simply
enter 'accept dd'.  I've tested and can confirm this prompts the
installer to ask for a driver disk :)

I do not have any non-standard hardware to test this any further.  Any
volunteers?

This certainly would be a valuable bonus if this worked for adding
drivers for non-standard hardware (IDE/SCSI RAID controllers, network
cards etc) at install time.

Darrell May
DMC NETSOURCED.COM
http://netsourced.com