> Has anyone experienced this problem?  Short story - opening "My
> Documents" folder located on home directory of user's samba share is
> delayed.  I am seeing an approximate 10 second delay.

Bruce, this delay has nothing to do with your configuration but the version
of Samba that you are running.  Versions prior to Samba 2.2.2 triggered a
"network glitch" in Win2k clients resulting in a delay as you describe.
This delay is documented in the Microsoft Knowledge base:  Q269590 "Long
Delay in Opening Computer Folder if Computer Is a NetWare Server" and
Q245800 (for a W98 server) but would apply to any non-W2000 server such as
Samba.

To get rid of this, upgrade Samba to version 2.2.2

Regards,

Greg J. Zartman