Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> My standing request of all HOWTO authors is to include text in the HOWTO
> with a link back to your original site advising people that the up to
> date version can be found there, then include text licensing anyone to
> mirror the document, under whichever license you feel comfortable with
> (no changes, changes as long as you are still credited, GNU Free
> Documentation License, etc, etc).
>
> Naturally, we will mirror on e-smith.org if we are permitted to.

Good point Chrlie.  I agree, HowTo document authors should take up
Mitel's offer and have your documents hosted on e-smith.org.  If the
author gives permission, as Charlie has stated above, others (including
myself) may then elect to host a copy on our sites.

In summary, have e-smith.org host your HowTo(s), add something like this
and everyone wins:

GNU Free Documentation License
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

Copyright (C) 2001 YOUR_NAME_AND_EMAIL_HERE.
Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com