Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Where it is a user visible feature which will affect everyone this can't
> always be the case.

This is an excellent point and I'm wondering if we should open for
discussion, templating the server-manager.

Simply template the entire /etc/e-smith/web/functions directory and add
some logic to the panel navigation to display links specified in the
configuration db, or even one step further, via admin login name.

I see this as a great solution for deploying an SME Server built to meet a
clients exact needs.  For instance if a client does not need a panel
feature, remove the display of the panel.  Certainly prevent mistakes from
happening.  A quick db entry can toggle the panel back if needed for a one
time change and then toggle off when done.

Another option many large clients may find appealing is they typically have
a central IT department and each remote site has a user performing 'some'
admin functions.  It would be great for this site admin to see only the
'User Accounts' panel.  Where the IT admin sees everything.  This could be
based on the panel login name and db config.

Food for thought.

--
Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com