"I'm confused. What are you trying to do that you can't do with SSH from
your WinXP machine?
Unless I'm totally misunderstanding your question, I think you've missed the
point that there's no graphical stuff on the E-Smith server for VNC to work
with."

I just want to be able to control the server via the WIn XP machine but
without having a monitor connected to the server.

Please bare with me, as pretty new to e-smith and linux, and have just got
it up and running.

I have used VNC before to control my other Windows PC at home that are all
connected, some without moniotrs. I was thinking that by using VNC,
basically as I have used it before.

Unless SSH is easier, can you point me in the right direction of a HOWTO on
it.

Scott