> I don't see that there would be any advantage. SME
> server is already based on RedHat with all
applicable errata and updates applied. So what
> does krud buy us?

it would be easier to turn your pc into a terminal
server http://sourceforge.net/projects/ltsp/

if SME is redhat +/- a few bits

would you like to remind us briefly how difficult it
would be to place SME on top of a redhat distro

could you ?
1. install redhat/krud

2 insert a SME5.1.2 CD
2a. and run upgrade
or
2b. run a script to update/add the rpms needed
-to add the sme functions
-fix/remove out of date/broken rpms

regards
stephen