Dan Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Any feedback would be appreciated.

Dan, I get the following errors when running your commands:

[root@sme512 /root]# rpm -Fvh $DB/php-4.1.1-2.i386.rpm \
Retrieving
ftp://ftp.e-smith.org/pub/e-smith/contrib/DanBrown/RPMS/i386/php-4.1.1-2.i386.rpm
error: cannot open file  : No such file or directory

I actually do not know why this fails as it 'looks' like it should work
:-(

Also, and you probably already know this, these two rpms are not in your
download directory yet:

php-mysql-4.1.1-2.i386.rpm
php-pgsql-4.1.1-2.i386.rpm

Therefore an install attempt of course fails dependencies:

[root@defender /root]# rpm -Fvh ./php*.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        php = 4.0.4pl1-9 is needed by php-mysql-4.0.4pl1-9

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

My personal preference is to download the files locally as opposed to
performing a remote install.  This way you have the files for your next
install or to build your next custom iso ;->

May I suggest you have a look at this command:

wget ftp://ftp.e-smith.org/pub/e-smith/contrib/DanBrown/RPMS/i386/php*.rpm

This will download all the files into the current directory for easy
install.  I'd recommend making a subdir and doing everything from there:

mkdir /root/php411
cd /root/php411
wget ftp://ftp.e-smith.org/pub/e-smith/contrib/DanBrown/RPMS/i386/php*.rpm
rpm -Fvh php*.rpm

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com