I want to take a moment to thank Dan for doing an excellent job on moving
SME forward with PHP and IMP upgrades.  In my book, this is exactly what is
needed.

To continue this fine effort I thought we, the community, should produce
our own development roadmap and issue our own development iso.  Lets hear
everyone's thoughts on where we want to take SME server.

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP IDEAS:

Stage 1: Get SME _current_ with core apps and devinfo contribs and release
a development iso.

IMP
PHP
SAMBA
CONTRIBS - make a list of contribs we want included and installed by
default in our development iso.  I think this area has been overlooked.
There are so many fine contribs and they are not making it into the standard
SME release.  We need to get these part of the iso.

It would be preferable if Mitel gave us space to host our development iso
and src rpms.  Maybe they will comment on if this is feasable at their end.

Stage 2: Add journaling filesystem to our development iso.

ReiserFS - could be added to current 2.2.19 kernel.  I do not understand
why are we not at least considering this?  Would this not keep everyone who
wants to stay with the 2.2.x kernel and ipchains happy yet add a journaling
file system?  The only negative I can see is ext2 > ReiserFS upgrade path
may not be feasible and we would need to do a fresh install with restore.

EXT3 - breaks software RAID1 under 2.2.x kernel so must be implemented on
2.4.x kernel

Stage 3: Kernel 2.4.x development iso
EXT3
IPTABLES
all the other current bells and whistles

Darrell May
DMC Netsourced.com
http://netsourced.com
http://myEZserver.com