> I want to take a moment to thank Dan for doing an excellent job on
> moving SME forward with PHP and IMP upgrades.  In my book, this is
> exactly what is needed.

Agreed.

> To continue this fine effort I thought we, the community, should produce
> our own development roadmap and issue our own development iso.

Great proposal Darrell!!  I hate to rehash something that has already
been discussed, but I can't see how a new version of SME can be developed
by this group without heavy involvement by Mitel.  This is after all,
their product.  They've got to have a roadmap very similar to this
sitting back at the Mitel office.  Without knowing what their plans are,
a project fork is not just possible it's almost a certainty.

I certainly don't want to discourage any type of development projects.
I'm just playing "devil's advocate" so to speak...

Statement Disclaimer:  I understand that Mitel's plans are their plan's
and they are in no way obligated to tell us anything.  Additionally, I
understand that Mitel's partner requests are paramount and may or may not
coincide with issues discussed in this group.

Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President

Logging Engineering International, Inc.
1243 West 7th Avenue