I have been using reiserfs on 5 of my systems without incident for
over a year.  I've not had to use the repair facilities, so I can't
comment on how well they work.  It has never let me down and seems
much more mature than ext3 or xfs which is maybe why reiserfs is
part of the 2.4 kernel today and ext3 and xfs are not.  One thing
I can say about reiserfs is that it has worked very well for me
over NFS.  Some file systems do not work correctly with NFS.

If I was going to use another file system, it would probably be
IBM's JFS, which is at the 1.0.12 release or so.  I have one
partition running JFS, but it needs more testing.  From the
benchmarks I've seen, JFS is the fastest of all the journaling
file systems.

I've only used ext3 for a short time so I can't offer much in
the way of opinion there.

Regards,
Keith
--