> From: Darrell May [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> To continue this fine effort I thought we, the community, should produce
> our own development roadmap and issue our own development iso.  Lets hear
> everyone's thoughts on where we want to take SME server.
>
> DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP IDEAS:
>
> Stage 1: Get SME _current_ with core apps and devinfo contribs and release
> a development iso.

If someone really wants to tackle this project I think they should
aim way beyond the 'Linux for people who don't want to use Linux'
that e-smith provides.  Not providing any native Linux services
is kind of like drinking lite beer or eating fish without that
fishy taste...  Aside from the missing network-wide authentication
that I've mentioned in the past there is no support for Linux on
any of the desktops.   I'd like to see a project that started with
something like:  http://k12ltsp.org/press.html and backed in as
much as possible of the easy management of the e-smith configuration.
Having an XFS filesystem would be nice too, but secondary to the
range of services available.

  Les Mikesell
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]