Darrell:

    One of the problems with installing add-ons from different developers, is
that the sum total may not play nicely with each other, depending on the mix. A
new iso, containing the more (most) popular add-ons and tested to work properly,
would be a very big step forward from the present system. However, I think such
an iso would probably not be supported by Mitel, and, to be of maximum
usefulness, it should have at least a couple of installation options (perhaps
based on the same selections as the base pkg, namely server, private gateway,
public gateway) or perhaps broken down as simple, medium, and complex.

    That gets into a heck of a lot of testing, (too many permutations) leading
back to one size fits all, with perhaps a check-off install list to omit certain
add-ons, and retain all the rest. As long as deleting packages doesn't affect
dependencies, then a stable iso with some packages not selected should still be
a stable install. If some pkg misbehaved, folks on the list would know not to
use it until fixed. Whether this would ever be posted for download by Mitel is
anybody's guess, but it would certainly provide a simple and effective means of
getting the developers' hard work into the field, with a minimum of risk. Of
course, documentation is another potential hurdle.

Regards,

Tom

--
"Poor old Peter, Tom, and Dan,