On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Scott Lewis wrote:

> As you all area aware I have had this issue with v5.1.2 not giving my WIn XP
> Client pc a ip address on it booting up.
>
> So, last night, I upgraded v5.0.3 to v5.1.2, and the DHCP works.
>
> So, I then did a clean install of v5.1.2 and DHCP does not work.
>
> So, all those with the same issue - as there is a few - this is how to get
> around it - upgrade  - do not do a  clean install.

As this is a development list, rather than a support list, the correct
advice is - *do* do a clean install. That way you will/might encounter the
problem, and can investigate it and perhaps discover a fix.

Please be sure to remember to post a followup to your bug report including
this new information.

In any case, if you encounter the problem again, please do:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/masq restart

I think you'll find that that resolves the problem.

Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739